Courtesy of the Beach Bakery Cafe (Westhampton Beach) which has been supplying patrons with delicious baked goods for decades, a cookie recipe for real peanut butter lovers!
Peanut Butter Cookies
Preheat oven to 370°
Makes up to 5 lbs of cookies
- 1 lb sugar
- 8 oz brown sugar
- 10 oz butter
- 13 oz chunky peanut butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 lb pastry flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine first six ingredients until smooth.
- Add eggs, combine until smooth.
- Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder and combine with peanut butter mixture until sticking together.
- Scoop dough with ice cream scooper to form balls, refrigerate until cold and cut each ball in half or quarters.
- Bake at 370° for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cookies will triple in size; do not over bake!
- You can also put dough into spring form pan and bake to form a cookie base for a cake.